You are probably crossing your fingers, hoping to read that buying and eating organic doesn’t really make a difference. While I wish that was the case, considering the price difference between the two, it really does matter what you put into your body.
What does it mean for something to be organic?
- Organic vs non-organic simply has to do with the way that food is produced.
- Organic food is produced just as the word suggests, organically, without man-made pesticides and fertilizers contaminating it.
- Non-organic food is produced within soil that contains herbicides, pesticides, and toxic fertilizers. It is also sprayed with similar toxins throughout the growth period of the crop.
- In relation to non-organic beef, cows are given antibiotics and growth hormones to stimulate excessive growth of the animal. The cows are also trapped in small spaces and fed processed grains rather than grass.
- In organic beef, the cows are not given any antibiotics, but are instead, allowed to roam outside and are fed organic feed. These cows are often much better taken care of than cows that will become non-organic beef.
- Other types of animals are treated and fed similarly when it comes to organic vs non-organic meat.
I mentioned in another post, the three T’s that are responsible for inflammation and ultimately sickness within the body: traumas, toxins, and thoughts. Purchasing and consuming non-organic food is going to greatly contribute to the ‘toxins’ category, and in turn cause inflammation and further issues down the line.
While non-organic fruits and vegetables typically look more pleasing, with their bright colors and flawless shapes, you’ll actually find that organic tastes much better and is often even sweeter, since it is without the chemicals.
Switching to organic food can be overwhelming, so take your time with the process and prioritize organic fruits and vegetables without a removable peel. For example, if you had to choose whether to purchase organic strawberries or organic bananas, choose organic strawberries, as the top layer of pesticides that were sprayed on the bananas can be removed.
The end goal is to consume only organic foods!!
The more you put into practice the things that you learn about health and the body, the quicker you will be able to experience how amazing God designed our bodies to feel! ❤
#organic #nonorganic #foodie #nutrition #blog #health #chemicalfree #pesticides #nomore #themoreyouknow #healthydecisions